Welcome to the Department of Mathematics
Welcome to the department of Mathematics. The Mathematics Department is one of the oldest in the Vidarbha region as well as the state. This department has been in existence since the institution’s founding in 1923. It began at the intermediate level and was later expanded to the graduate level. Then, under the direction of Shri. N. A. Shashtri, M.Sc. (London), postgraduate studies M.Sc. (Mathematics) was launched in 1954-55. Two ex-principals of this institute were from this department, one is Dr. Shabde, D. Sc. a renowned mathematician and other was Prof. M. Banarjee. Shri Shashtri was the first Head of the PG department. Since Dr. Mrs. A S Gudadhe was conferred a Ph.D. by Nagpur University in 1993, research in this area has blossomed. SGBAU Amravati awarded her the best teacher award. In 2005-06, the department began offering a full-time M.Phil programme. The teaching staffs in this department are experienced and highly motivated. Teaching staff had Ph.D. degree and recognised as a Ph.D. supervisor of SGBA University, Amravati. Dr. Mrs. A. S. Gudadhe served as the department’s head from 2006 to 2017. Dr. R. M. Dhaigude was the department’s head from 2017 to 2018, and Dr. S. P. Kandalkar was the department’s head from 2018 to 2020. Now, the department is led by Prof. Dr. R. M. Dhaigude.
- To develop inventive mathematicians who are technologically proficient, committed to their profession, and socially responsible in order to meet national and global demands.
- To contribute exceptional higher education and research in mathematics
- To serve as a vital source of quality education for the underprivileged at a low cost.
- To provide pupils with a complete academic atmosphere.
- To offer a healthy environment for students’ overall growth so that they can meet any problems that life throws at them by bringing out the best in them.
- To develop the country’s human potential.
- To help students develop a variety of abilities.