Awards & Recognition
Welcome to the Department of Physical Education & Sports (interdisciplinary)
- The department of Physical Education has a long running history since its establishment in 1923 in the institute back then named as King Edward Memorial College, Amravati and has maintained its status and standards in Vidarbha region as well as State, National and International level.
- The most defining feature of the department is its committed, dynamic, qualified and dedicated staff which encourages the students to participate in intercollegiate, university, interuniversity, state, national and International sports events and are also provided with concessions for participating in various competitions.
- In last five years 1021 players participates in intercollegiate tournaments, 66 players participated in inter university tournaments (Colour Coat).
- It is matter of pride that our 4 players participated in International level.
- Last year one of our player bagged the most prestigious award of Maharashtra i.e.” Shiv Chhatrapati Award”
- The institute also has a tie up with Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Medical College, Amravati to keep a record on the health and hygiene of the students. Doctors’ visits the institute and annual health check-up camp is organized for all students.
- Along with this, the department also has separate playgrounds of various outdoor games like cricket, football, hockey, volleyball, handball, softball, baseball, ball-badminton, basketball, kabaddi, kho-kho, athletic track, shot-put, long jump, single bar, double bar etc.
- Indoor games like chess, table-tennis, carom, and gymnasium are also available in the campus.
- Well-equipped health centre available in the Yogabhawan.
VisionTo enable the students to appreciate and understand the values of Physical Education and its relationship to a healthy, active lifestyle and to develop the motor skills necessary to participate successfully in a variety of physical activities, to develop the social skills that demonstrate the importance of teamwork an cooperation in group activities.
MissionTo became aware of movement as a creative medium connected to communication, expression and aesthetic appreciation and to work to their optimal level of physical fitness.
Awards & Recognition