Welcome to the Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science is one of the premier departments of Govt. Vidarbha Institute of Science and Humanities. The department was previously known as Department of Statistics and Computer Science, sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. It was separated from Statistics in the year 2011 and now known as Department of Computer Science.
The department has Under Graduate (B.Sc) course and planning to run Post Graduate courses soon. The department has two separate Hi-Tech computer labs with capacity of more than 40 students. The department conducts various activities like C/C++ Programming Contest, IT Quiz, Paper Presentation, Seminar Competitions etc.
VisionOur vision is to foster and inculcate local and global competencies among the students through value based inclusive learning, provide education for living and life, to promote public welfare, instill love and respect for our constitutional values.
- To generate, maintain and disseminate value-based knowledge.
- To empower the students to meet the emerging global competitive challenges.
- To encourage and support research activities among student as well as faculty.
- To produce excellent academic merit through learner centered education.
- To create social and environmental awareness among students.