Welcome To The Department Of Sanskrit
Sanskrit plays a vital role for Indian culture because of its extensive use in religious literature. Most modern Indian languages have been directly derived from, or strongly influenced by Sanskrit is the speciality of this language.
Benefits of Learning Sanskrit –
- The Sanskrit Language is ‘a Repository of Knowledge’.
- The ancient Sanskrit language holds much knowledge about society and the universe. The Sanskrit language has a range of words to express a single object; this shows the versatility of this language.
- Health Benefits of Learning Sanskrit is already proven by the modern scientists.
- This language is incredibly ‘Easy to Learn’. By studying Sanskrit, other languages can be learnt more easily.
Panini, the great grammarian, made Sanskrit a highly developed and powerful vehicle of expression in which scientific ideas could be expressed with great precision and clarity. Therefore, this language opens avenues of computational linguistics. This language was made uniform all over India, so that scholars from North, South East and West could understand each other.
The Sanskrit, as an optional subject, was being taught since very outset of the institute i.e.1923. This shows the legacy of Sanskrit Department. This department has fame as one of the excellent Post-Graduate department of Sanskrit in Sant Gagde Baba Amravati University, Amravati. Later on, Research Centre with all research facilities added a great value to it.
The department has four full time sanctioned posts. The faculty members having good academic record are working enthusiastically for the development of the department. Many research activities such as workshops, seminars, conferences etc. have been organized and some are proposed. For the development of students NET-SET workshops, Spoken Sanskrit courses etc. are arranged frequently. Many cultural activities and extracurricular activities are held.
Mission and Vision
- To make students acquainted with literary forms like Sanskrit drama, novel, poetry, essay etc.
- To develop reading, writing and communication skills in students.
- To implant research methodological among the students.
- To familiarize students with the dimensions and methods of research.