Welcome to the Department of Music
Music department of government Vidarbha Institute of Science and Humanities has a very rich and glorious tradition .The music department came into Being in the year 1956. In the beginning music subject was taught only to the UG students from 1977 in the department.for some days the music department also ran the course of musical instruments but later on it ceased .it was noteworthy thing for being the only place of pg education in music in the entire western region.
The department of music has been producing the well known musicians ,renowned artists,who worked for for radio and television .Name of few renowned artist pandit Rajabhau Nawsalkar ,pt.manohar kasalikar ,prof.sumantai choudhary ,prof anil khobragade,prof.alaknanda tuljapurkar are the famous personalities of this department.Department has contributed a lot to the society by producing noted professors ,singers ,playback singers instrument players ,researchers and critics ,who have brought name and fame for institute and gains continuously bring respect and reputation.The vocal music education is still being taught and excercised with almost intensity and vigour.students participated in various competitions and came into light.many of them represents at national and International level.international jaltarang artist pt.Milind Tulankar who is the only jaltarang player in india is our alumni ,we feel proud and privileged.
prepare students to be capable of receiving, retaining and rendering rich knowledge to captivate the mind,soul and spirit of any individual. To prepare students a good artist so that they should be capable of self employment.
Art in Heart
- To carry forward the rich tradition of Indian classical Music
- To Identify the hidden talent,guide and nurture the students
- To imbibe the techniques of “ RIYAZ” to achieve excellence in their respective interest are in the varied spectrum of music itself.
- To give exposure to students to folk music ,Natya Sangeet ,Gazal and other forms of Music.
- To prepare students in the challenging scenario appear for competitions, examinations, Research work etc.