Welcome To Department Of Hindi
The Department of Hindi was established in 1956 and initially offered only under graduate courses in Hindi Language and Literature. The Department has started Post Graduate course in Hindi in the academic year 2011-12. Dr. Gowardhan Varma was the first head of the department. Dr. Shyam Varma, Dr.Ayachit, Prof. Tambat, Prof. Falke, Prof. Balkrishna Pande, Prof. Sanjyoti Sanap, Dr. Bhagwan Kambale and Dr. Balasaheb Naraynrao Kulkarni were the heads of the department. With the academic and administrative efforts of the mentioned faculties the department flourished well. Presently Dr. Jayant Dhanraj Chaudhari is in charge Head of the department.
The department has the long and continuous tradition of organizing literary and cultural activities. Literary-cultural programmes are organised regularly in the department, Poetry writing workshop, NET / SET workshop, meet the author programme, Guest Lectures series, Hindi Literary Society, Group Discussion, etc these programmes are organised to enhance the literary taste and sensibility.
- To create learning situation for inculcating value system among students;
- o encourage students for contributing to national harmony;
- To stimulate students for advanced knowledge and research in language and literature;
- To provide job opportunities in allied area for students;
- To aware students for Global competencies
- To inculcate social and cultural values among students and make them knowledge based perfect human being in today’s crucial global competencies.
Intake capacity :
- BA – 120
- MA- 30