Welcome to the Department of Chemistry
Deartment of chemistry was Established in 1928, this department of G.V.I.S.H., Amravati has marked its presence in Academia within India and abroad. Chemistry Department aims to support fundamental science of the highest quality in a first class physical environment. Our enthusiastic research culture embraces new challenging areas, including strong collaborations with other academic disciplines, while maintaining a powerful presence in the traditional core areas of chemistry. The Chemistry Department hosts around 11 doctoral research staff, over 80 postgraduate students,400 undergraduate students and 11 qualified academic staff, including newly independent researchers. The department, right from its inception has given high priority for research.
The faculty is actively engaged in cutting edge research in the frontier areas of Inorganic, organic, physical, etc chemistry. Every year around 100 research papers are published in International Journals and during last three years many staff members presented their papers in International Conferences Abroad. The Chemistry Department aims to recruit the highest quality undergraduate and post graduate students, Till date, the department has received 14 sponsored research projects from various national agencies with funding amounting to Rs.20 lakh., A chemical society is constituted for overall personality development of U.G. and P.G. students and undertake extracurricular activities and Academic Activities. The department is focused in both teaching and high quality research (basic and multidisciplinary) in the frontier areas of chemistry and its interface with allied disciplines. The department is well equipped with state of the art research facility, library resources (e-journals) and had established collaborations with various national laboratories. Currently there are 50 research scholars (full time) working in the department.
- OUR VISION TO TRANSFORM THE BUDDING CHEMIST INTO, CREATIVE TEACHERS, INOVATIVE SCIENTIST and DYNAMIC CHEMIST.
- To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and in practical chemistry, through dedication to teaching, commitment to students and innovative instructional methods.
- To support the developmental activities of the College and make the Department vibrant.
- To organize critical contributions in areas of emphasis such as faculty, modern labs, department library and demonstrate a high level of competence in the study of Engineering Chemistry.
- To introduce pioneering programs in the Department that will embrace heritage and values to the Institution.
- To produce graduates of International distinction, committed to integrity, professionalism and lifelong learning by widening their knowledge horizons in range and depth.
- To sustain efficient operating systems towards realization of our objectives, as Institution of eminence and International standards.